Each ml of inhalation liquid contains Salbutamol sulfate equivalent to 1 mg of Salbutamol
Salbutamol is a selective β2 adrenoceptor agonist. At therapeutic doses Salbutamol acts on bronchial muscle β2 adrenoceptors, which has little or no action on cardiac muscle β1 adrenoceptors.
- Salbutamol is a selective β2 adrenoceptor agonist. At therapeutic doses, Salbutamol acts on the β2 adrenoceptors of bronchial muscle, with little or no action on the heart. With its rapid onset, Salbutamol is particularly suitable for the management and prevention of asthma attacks.
- Bronchodilators should not be the sole or mainstay of therapy for patients with unstable or severe asthma. Severe asthma requires routine medical assessment because death can occur. Patients with severe asthma have constant symptoms and frequent exacerbations, with limited physical capacity, predicted Peak Expiratory Flow (PEF) values below 60% at baseline with a variability of more than 30%, usually not fully returning to normal after administration of bronchodilators. Such patients will require high doses of inhalation (eg > 1 mg/day of beclomethasone dipropionate) or oral corticosteroid therapy. Sudden worsening of symptoms may require an increase in the dose of corticosteroids which should be given under urgent medical supervision.
- Routine management of chronic bronchospasm unresponsive to conventional therapy.
- Treatment of acute severe asthma (status asthmaticus).
- Salbutamol has a duration of action of 4 to 6 hours in most patients. SALVEN® is used undiluted. However, if the administration time can be prolonged (more than 10 minutes) dilute with sterile normal saline. SALVEN® is used with a nebuliser under the direction of a doctor. Liquid should not be injected.
- Adults and children : the appropriate initial dose by wet inhalation is 2.5 mg, the dose may be increased to 5 mg, but can be repeated 4 times a day. In adults, higher doses, up to 40 mg daily, may be given under close medical supervision in a hospital for the treatment of severe airway obstruction. The clinical effect of nebulized Salbutamol in infants under 18 months is uncertain. Transient hypoxia may occur, supplemental oxygen therapy should be considered.
Presentation and Registration Number:
SALVEN® Box, 10 ampoules @ 2,5 ml Reg No. : DKL2108027168A1
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
This post was written by admin