Each NUBREX®-100 capsule contains Celecoxib 100 mg
Each NUBREX®-200 capsule contains Celecoxib 200 mg
Celecoxib is an NSAID that has shown anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activity in animal studies. The mechanism of action of Celecoxib is by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, mainly through inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), and in therapeutic doses in humans, Celecoxib does not inhibit the isoenzyme cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1). In experimental animal intestinal tumors, celecoxib reduced the incidence and multiplicity of tumors.
In clinical trials, a single dose of Celecoxib up to 800 mg and a double dose of 600 mg BID for 7 days (higher than the recommended therapeutic dose) had no effect on platelet aggregation and bleeding time. Due to its lack of effect on platelets, Celecoxib is not a substitute for Acetyl Salicylic Acid for the prophylaxis of cardiovascular disease. It is not known whether any effect of Celecoxib on platelets may contribute to the increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic side effects associated with Celecoxib use.
Inhibition of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) synthesis can cause sodium and water retention by increasing reabsorption in the renal medullary thick ascending loop of Henle and possibly other parts of the distal nephron. In the collecting duct, PGE2 appears to inhibit water reabsorption by neutralizing the action of antidiuretic hormone.
Celecoxib is indicated for:
- Reduces the symptoms and signs of osteoarthritis
- Reducing the symptoms and signs of rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients
- Reduces the symptoms and signs of ankylosing spondylitis
- As a short-term therapy for acute pain in postoperative adult patients or in cases of musculoskeletal injuries
Dosage and Administration:
For cases of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, the lowest effective dose should be sought for each individual patient. This dose can be given regardless of mealtime.
- Osteoarthritis: to reduce the symptoms and signs of osteoarthritis, the recommended oral dose is 200 mg/day given as a single dose or 100 mg twice daily.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: to reduce the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended oral dose is 100-200 mg 2 times a day.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: the recommended dose is 200 mg given as a single dose or 100 mg twice daily. Some patients may benefit from Celecoxib with a total daily dose of 400 mg.
- Acute pain management: the recommended initial dose is 400 mg followed by 200 mg increments if needed on the first day. On the following day, the recommended dose is 200 mg 2 times a day with a maximum of 7 days of use.
Store at temperatures below 30ºC
NUBREX®-100 Capsules Box, 3 strips @ 10 capsules Reg Number. : DKL1908026701A1
NUBREX®-200 Capsule Box, 3 strips @ 10 capsules Reg Number. : DKL1908026701B1
This post was written by admin